Happy 9th Ramadhan. Sorry for the belated entry. As usual, nothing changes, always late, late, late. Anyway, better late than never.
Browsing in the Giant Supermarket with Hakim one afternoon (after his visit to the doctor), found me with a heap of pumpkins. I thought it will be delicious to have LABU (pumpkin) for iftar today, so I grab one small pumpkin, just enough for a family of four. Puasa puasa ni selera nya luar biasa sikit. Makan dengan nasi panas dan ikan masin ..... humph .... insyaAllah menjilat jari!!!!
The ingredients are quite simple:
A handfull of dried shrimp (for flavor)
Pumpkin, peeled and diced
1 red onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 fresh red chilies
1 cup of coconut milk
2 tbs cooking oil
Salt to taste
1. Boil the pumpkin till tender. As shown in the picture at the side.
2. The remaining water used for boiling should be saved for later used.
3. Blend or finely chopped all other ingredients except coconut milk and salt. I used my kitchen helper - the food processor. It really do wonders.
4. In a pot, pour the cooking oil, once heated, pour the chopped or blended ingredient it.
5. Let it cook for a while.
6. Add in the remaining boiling water, followed by the boiled pumpkin.
7. Next, add the coconut milk. Let it boil and finally add some salt to taste.
And, ....... here is the completed version.
Allahummalakasumtu wabika amantu .....