A friend of mine was telling about a book that she read, "A day in Prophet Muhammad SAW life". In the book mentioned about Aisya RA prepared Harira for their meals. The name of it sounds interesting that made me start getting more information. My Google just the right place to get this kind of information.
Harira is a Morroccan soup. It's filling, and from the recipe I found that it is healthy as well. Morroccan used to prepare this and eat it for the iftar (break the fast) in the month of Ramadhan.
These are the ingredients:
2 tomato - blended
1 onion - diced
A handful of parsley and coriander - chopped
1 celery stalk - diced
Salt, pepper, ginger powder (I used the fresh ginger) - to your taste
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 cups plain water
1 tbsp butter
A handful of vermicelli - broken to about 1 inch
A bowl of chickpeas/ lentils - pre-boiled
1 tbsp multipurpose flour
1/2 cup plain water
The Noxxa way:
- Set the Noxxa Pressure Cooker (NPC) to Stir Fry (SF).
- Put the butter in the heated pot.
- Add onion. Fry till slightly tender.
- Add parsley, coriander and celery. Mix well.
- Add the blended tomato.
- Add in the salt, pepper, ginger. Mix well and later add water.
- Turn off the SF. Set the NPC to pressure for 25minutes.
- After 25 minutes. Remove the steam by turning the know to steam.
- Open the lid. Add in the chickpeas/ lentils/ vermicelli.
- Add the flour mixture. Stir well.
- If you need to make it thicker. Set the NPC to SF and cook till to correct consistency.
Ready for serving.