Coming back from a tiring office hours would call for snap and simple dish.
This is what I made for dinner on one evening.
Chinese Fried Rice is normally not spicy, but savory from the white pepper that it uses.
I feel like having something spicy but simple, therefore I simply add the 'cili api' in my ingredients.
1 pot of cooked rice.
Carrot - sliced thinly
1 stalked celery - sliced thinly too (I put extra into mine to add flavors)
3 hot small chillis (cili api) - smashed
Chicken - cut into small pieces
Chicken ball - cut
Salt and pepper to taste
Onion and garlic
How I made it:
1. Make sure the rice is cooled.
2. Fry the onion and garlic till tender.
3. Add chicken. Fry till cooked. Put a little bit of water to scrape the chicken from the wok.
4. Add carrot and celery. Fry lightly.
5. Add seasonings.
6. Add rice. Mix well.
7. Make a whole in the center and put a beaten egg. Let it harden a bit before mixing it with the rice.
Let it cook. And serve hot.
The aroma of the celery and the spicy taste of the cili api really tempts my appetite.