Today, I would like to share a recipe which is very fast (but not furious) ... of course with the correct gadget. Total preparation and cooking time is approximately 1 hour. From the bathing process for the chicken, powdered, massaged, scrubbed, pressurized and roasted. 1 hour for a roasted chicken?... I would say, it's fast.
I had some stuffing into the hollow chicken which adds the flavour to the chicken.
Here goes my ingredients:
For the chicken
1 whole chicken - remove all the internal organs
Salt & pepper
2 inches butter
Oregano and Mix herb spices
- Bathing process means cleaning the chicken from any excessive fats and blood clot.
- Powdered the chicken with some multipurpose flour to remove any unwanted ordour.
- Next is massaging the chicken with some butter throughout the body, underneath the skin ( I learnt this from a Youtube).
- Finally, scrubbing the chicken with salt and pepper, oregano and mixed herbs. Put aside while preparing the stuffing (if you can let it sit for a while for the salt and pepper to be absorped, it will be much better, but I do not have time for that)
- Stuffing may varies - I used carrot, thickly sliced, cauliflower, potato, celery. Amount? As many as the hollow can hold.Cut everything not too thin as it might be to soggy.
- Stuffed everything and place the chicken into the Noxxa pressure cooker. Sprinkle some olive oil.
- Set the cooker to * high pressure for 25 minutes (because I used a small chicken). An wait for it to do wonders.
- Once beeped, remove the pressure. Remove the chicken and place on a roasting tray. Roast in a conventional oven for about 10 - 15 minutes for a brownish colour in the 170 celsius.
Whalla! It's ready. You can eat it with rice. On it's own with some gravy. Or turn it into sandwich fillings.
By the way, in the pressure cooker, you will see there are liquids from the chicken. You can save it as chicken stocks, to be used later when necessary.
Alhamdulillah ... all these beautiful and tasty food is a gift from Allah to us all. Alhamdulillah.