Taddaaa.... I am presenting to you SHAKSHOUKA ...
Shakshouka is a Turnisian food. Being Malaysian we love to try food from various continent. And tonight I am trying Shahshouka, a dish that many has been talking about (at least within my colleagues and friends). It is actually runny egg in a spiced tomato gravy. And it's delicious. I fell in love with it on the first try.
For the ingredients:
The star ingredients would be
*1 large Tomato (diced) and 2 tablespoon tomato paste (you can use canned whole tomato)
*1 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
*1 large Capsicum - diced
(I called it star because it really makes a difference when you have less of any of these)
1 large Onion
2 cloves of garlic
Eggs - 2 or 3, but maximum is 4 (depends on how many serving you are preparing)
Garnish with cilantro (but i used rosemary)
1. Heat the wok or pot
2. Saute the onion and garlic. Then add the diced tomatoes and capsicums. Let it cooked and tender.
3. Add water, tomato paste (puree) and let it simmer.
4. Add seasonings (salt, pepper and sugar)
5. When it reached the thickness that you prefer, lower the heat.
6. Break the eggs into it at different places in the wok. Cover the wok.
7. Do not let the egg gets too hard. A runny egg is very much better.
Quickly turn off the heat and serve with homemade bread. Sooooo .... delicious. Alhamdulillah
P/s. You can have it for breakfast or dinner.