This was cooked on Monday when the kids are off school in conjunction with the Maal Hijrah celebration. I cooked the rice early in the morning before leaving for the office for their lunch. For the lauk-pauk, sorry kids, this all I have time for you "The Two Sauces Chicken Ball".
The name TOMAROT is actually a combination of the two main ingredients I put in the rice. It's the tomato and carrot, and become TOMAROT.
Making it requires:
2 cups of washed Basmathi rice
2 large onions
1/2 inch ginger
1 cup of Fresh milk
1 tablespoon of sugar
Salt to taste
the three stooges spices (bunga lawang, kulit kayu manis, and cengkih)
3 tablespoon of cooking oil
Blend the onion, ginger and tomatoes.
Coarsely shredded the carrot
Onion for saute
1. Saute the onion and the three stooges till you can smell the aroma.
2. Add the blended ingredients.
3. Add the shredded carrot.
4. Add milk, sugar and salt. Let it boil.
5. Add the rice grains. Add enough water for cooking the rice. Cover the pot with the lid.
6. Turn the stove to lower, cook the rice slowly.
My way of doing it: Cooked all the ingredients in a rice cooker pot on the stove. Add the rice grains, mixed it well, and transfer it into the rice cooker. Add enough water and let the rice cooker to do the rest. Easy isn't it.
Happy cooking. Wassalam.
some more onion for frying