This noodle is not branded as Maggi, Ho Liau, Ibumie or any other. It is my self made instant noodle. Why instant??? Because all the ingredients are ready, just waiting for the chef (can I call myself a chef??? hahaha ... perasan sekejap) to cook. At least I am the chef in my own kitchen ---- betul kan???
1 packet of wet noodle
3 cloves of garlic
3 cloves of shallot.
chicken or beef stock
chilli paste (cooked)
1 piece of chicken (sliced)
1 fried tofu (cut into cubes)
5-7 prawns (depends on your likes & dislikes)
1 stalk of green leafy vege
1 tomato (cut into wedges)
3-5 table spoon tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon cooking oil
salt to taste
red chilli, spring onion, coriander leaves & fried shallot for garnishing
- Pour the cooking oil onto the wok (I like using the wok for this cooking).
- Fry the sliced shallot and crushed onion until brownish.
- Add in the sliced chicken and prawns. Fry for a little while. Not too long as it will spoil the taste of the prawn and chicken.
- Pour in the chicken/ beef stock. (I personally like the beef stock as it is tastier).
- Add chilli paste, tomato ketchup and sugar.
- Let it boil.
- Finally, add in the noodles, tomato, tofu and vege.
- Add salt to taste.
- Boil a little longer. But not too long. You wont like a 'bloated' noodle nor an overcooked vege.
- Serve hot and garnish.
I normally eat this for dinner. I normally prepare the gravy earlier before dinner. Once my husband and kids are ready to eat, I will just add the noodle, tomato and vege. And serve hot. If you like, you can also add egg to it. But I seldom did that because my dear Sabrina is allergy to it.
Yum! Yum! My tummy is growling ....