Assalamualaikum and good day all,
I love this pancake aka. lempeng. In the northern part of the Peninsular (Malaysia), some call it PekNga. Sounds so weird isn't it? Well, it is actually a combination of 'temPEK di belaNGA'. See, how creative our ancestors are. Not to mention about all the creative dishes they have invented. Wow!!! Tak boleh celen (challenge) nih!!!!
Now, close your eyes, imagine yourself on a rainy morning. With hazy eyes, suddenly there's a smell of black coffee, triggering your nostril, followed by an appetizing scent of the fresh grated coconut. Hmmmmm ...... I am hungry again (baru sudah lunch nih!!!).
Approximately 6-7 table spoon of fresh grated coconut (preferably not an over riped coconut)
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 cup Plain Water
Butter for baking on the pan
- Place the coconut in a bowl.
- Add egg, water and salt. Mix well.
- Heat the pan. Once heated, put a table spoon of butter.
- Scoop the mixture using medium size ladle onto the heated pan.
- Once brownish, turn to other side. Wait till brownish, and ready to serve.
I normally eat this with the fish curry, but my husband likes it with the brown sugar. Therefore, depends on your own taste bud. Most importantly, enjoy your food.