Assalamualaykum and good day all,
One nice thing about cooking your own meal is that you can prepare it to suit your taste buds. You can make it savoury, spicy, sweet or sour, just the way you like it.
The original french toast is eaten with golden syrup or honey. Being a Malay origin, I'd prefer mine to be slightly savoury, which is not suitable to be eaten with honey or alike. By definition, savoury or savory is having a spicy or salty quality without being sweet (definition by Online Merrriam Webster Dictionary). And that is how I like my french toast to taste.
To make it:
6 slices of sandwich bread
*2 egss beaten
*1 onion - sliced
*Salt and pepper
1. Heat the non-stick griddle
2. Mixed all the ingredient in a bowl
3. Apply butter slightly on both side of the bread
4. Dip the bread into the egg mixture
5. Toast on the griddle till brown on both sides
It makes a perfect breakfast.