I had this crave of eating the home made bun for quite sometime but was unable to find time and strength to do it. Alhamdulillah, last Sunday I had the opportunity to bake one. Sabrina requested for a red bean bun and some sausage rolls - so, here it comes.
The recipe came from Alex Goh's bread book. However, I had to modified it a bit as my precious Sabrina is allergy to egg. Here goes my modified recipe:
*480 g bread flour
*120 g all-purpose flour
*110 g sugar
*20 g powdered milk
*4 teaspoons instant yeast
*10 g salt
1 egg (this was substitute with additional (25ml) cold water)
300 ml cold water
60 g butter
- Mix all the dry (*) ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Add the cold water. Knead to form a dough.
- Add butter.
- Knead for about another 45 minutes or more till it form an elastic dough.
- Put aside. Let it rise to doubled.
- Once risen, put the dough on the working surface, punch the dough to remove any trapped air and knead again.
- Form the dough into your desired shapes.
**Note: I used the mixer to help with the kneading process. I wish to own a bread maker in the future. Tapi .... kena la buat roti selalu-selalu dulu baru boleh justify reasons for buying a BM .... kannnnn ... heh heh heh