Ready for some hot and spicy!!!
How about this Lemon Grass Chilli Prawn?
Serve it with hot rice .....mmmm .... yummy... yummy
Feel like eating it now.
Lemon grass is classified as herbs for its benefits in use. Among the benefits of this herbs are:
- reduce toxins, excess fat, cholesterol and uric acid in the body.
- it detoxify the digestive tract, bladder, kidney, pancreas and liver.
- it stimulates lactation, blood circulation and digestion.
Apart from cooking, lemon grass is proven as insect repellent. I used it at home and it work miraculously. Chemical-free insect repellent. You can get it from the major supermarket, sold in liquid form. It smells good too. It is also being used in aromatherapy. Boil them and use it to bathe ... umm ... what a soothing experience. However, be very careful with the leaves. The long leaf can be a sharp razor if not handle properly. For my cooking, I normally use only the base.
For this dish, here are my ingredients:
Prawn, washed and marinate with salt and turmeric
1 large onion - chopped
2 stalks of lemon grass - just smash it
3 tbs chilli paste
1 fresh tomato - diced
2 table spoon cooking oil
Salt to taste
- Fry the prawn half cooked.
- Use the frying oil and saute the onion and the lemon grass.
- Once tender, add the fresh tomatoes.
- Later add the chilli paste. If the chilli is well cooked, you need not to wait long at this stage.
- Put in some water to let the mixture boil.
- Next add the prawns.
- Season it. (You ay add a little bit of vinegar if you like it sour).
Ready to be served!!!
Don't forget to say 'Bismillah' before you eat, and 'Alhamdulillah' when you finish eating. Let's show some gratitude to Allah for this great food.