Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bow tie Paste and Tomato Sauce

Assalamualaikum all, 

Bow tie Pasta and sauce
This is a 30-minutes cooking - dashed cooking. Came back at almost 6.30pm, and hurriedly went into the kitchen. However, the planning begins in the car. A quick survey in the car for what to have for dinner, coupled  with what is in storage at the moment will normally came out with the dish for dinner. I quickly took out a packet of bow tie pasta (was earlier comtemplating whether a bow tie or spaghetti) and boil it in pot of water. Sprinkled some salt into the the pot for salty taste, I later star preparing the ingredients for the sauce.

For the sauce, I used:

Tomato paste
Tomato sauce
Minced beef
1 large onion
Vegies - celery, mushroom, green pepper, tomatoes
Stock (chicken/ beef/ prawn)
salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
2 table spoon of olive oil

How I did it:

I quickly saute the onion, followed by the minced beef.
Then, I add the tomato paste and tomato sauce.
For a better taste, I add my home made prawn stock.
Let it boil.
As the sauce becomes thicker, I add the vegetables. I purposely have it chunky so that I can enjoy the crispiness of the vegeies. Do not let it boil too long. Turn off the stove and serve.

Meanwhile, the pasta that is tender is drained. I sprinkle some olive oil, fresh peppers and dried parsley over it. To add the flavour, I add also spread some crush garlic to the hot, steamy pasta. Alhamdulillah. It turns out very delicious. Caution: If you do not like the taste of garlic, omit it from your pasta garnishing.

Bon Appetite .....

No comments: