At times, we have cravings. Cravings to eat certain food, sometimes, it can be any simple food. This is what happen to me, one late afternoon, i crave for Cucur Udang. I crave for the crispy cucur udang but the one I normally make is not the crispy type. Therefore, I put some effort into getting some tips and tricks ... asking friends and Mr Google. And this is the result. I am not sure about others, but it satisfies my cravings.
After thorough consideration, I opted to use this recipe, the combination of tips from here and there. Credits go to everyone even though I might not be able to mention their names.
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup water (approx)
about 100gm fresh prawns
1 onion - sliced thinly
a bunch of chives - chopped
salt to taste
- Place the plain water in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients. Mix well.
- Make sure the batter is not too runny nor too thick.
- Ladle the batter into the hot cooking oil. Deep fry it till golden brown.
For the gravy:
3 fresh red chillies
tamarind juice or vinegar
salt and sugar to taste
- Blend the chillies and garlics finely.
- Boil it in the pot.
- Add the seasonings. Keep it boil till it becomes thick.
- Pour the sesame seeds as garnishing.
Just delicious!! ... Alhamdulillah.