Never occurred to me that I will be baking sherperd pie even though I had looked through the recipes several times. It seems so difficult at first. However, my loving friends made it sound so simple that encouraged me to try baking this. And I made this for visitors who came for the last Eidul fitri.
3 large rousette potato - peeled, diced, boiled till tender
2 table spoon butter
2-3 table spoon milk
salt to taste
About 1/4 kg ground beef
2 tomatos - diced small
1 carrot - diced small
1 large onion - diced
2 table spoon tomato sauce
salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the base
- Saute the onion till brown.
- Add tomato, ground beef till cooked.
- Add carrot, and all the seasonings.
- Cooked well.
- Place in a caserole.
Preparing the top
- Mash the potato (best done while hot)
- Add butter, milk and seasoning.
- Spread the potato on top of the ground beef base. Use a fork to make a pattern for a more appealing outcome. You may also pipe the mashed potato using the icing nozzle.
- Baked in oven for about 2o minutes till slight brown.
It's ready to be served. Alhamdulillah another recipe tried and succeeded.
Happy to share it with others.