Thinking about what's for dinner is always not my favorite things to do.
Especially when eating out is not an option. On one wonderful Sunday I opt for a mee (yellow noodle) goreng. Since I prepared it, I called it 'Mee Goreng Ibu' nothing resembles the famous Mee Goreng Mamak.
Mee Goreng Ibu
Yellow noodle 1 packet
2 tablespoon of chilli paste
2 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
2 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
salt to taste
shallots and garlic
Tauhu and basil - for garnishing (add taste too)
- Fry the shallots and garlic in 2 tablespoon cooking oil till fragrant or brownish
- Add the minced meat, chilli paste, tomato ketchup and dark soy sauce. You may add some water to let the meat tender
- Add the prawns (I add it later because I dont want it to be over cooked)
- Add salt and sugar to taste
- Add vegies and the yellow noodles. Mixed well.
- And ready to be served.
Optional: To add the taste it is best to add 1 beaten egg. I did not add egg as my dear Sabrina is allergy to it.
Note: Kalau nak bagi jadi macam mee goreng mamak, jangan lupa masukkan taugeh (which my kids hate the most) dan bahan-bahan tu dibiarkan agak hangit sedikit sebelum masukkan mee. Tapi jangan hangit betul2 .... agak2 je lah
Adios .... Wassalam.