Happy New Year!!! Hihi .... Finally, my first entry in 2012. Don't get me wrong, it does not mean that this is my first cooking since 2012. There's some cooking done (to say 'plenty' is a bit exaggerating, though). Anyway, today I would like to share the Squid in Black Soy Sauce.
This recipe is originated from Cik Mat Gebu's blog bearing the name Schechuan Squid. However, as usual, I did some modification to it and this is what it became. It taste good, believe me.
5 medium sized squids - clean-up, remove the ink
3 dried chillies - cut halves
2 table spoon of dark soy sauce
2 table spoon of oyster sauce
1/2 cup of water
1 red onion cut into ring
tomatoes and capsicum for garnishing
1 table spoon cooking oil.
- Heat the oil in a griddle
- Put in the dried chillies. Fry till fragrant but not to let it changes to black.
- Put in the sauces. Followed by the water.
- Put in the squid. Do not cook the squid for too long or it will become elastic.
- Add in the garnishing item and onion.
- Serve hot.
Delicious to be eaten with the white rice.