Today let's share another dish that was cooked last year (sebab tahun 2012 ni belum buat lagi juadah ni). It's the My Style Chicken Rice. Ye lah .. there's plenty of chicken rice elsewhere and everybody has their own way of making the chicken rice and this is my style.
Chicken Rice on the plate.
Mana salad??? Alamak, went missing!!!!
The cooking is simple, just like how everybody else did, but at times it still turn out to be different. Kenapa yek??? Inilah yang dikatakan air tangan kot.
For the rice
3 cups of rice - washed, rinsed
4 cups of chicken stock
herbs - ginger, clove, star anisse and cinnamon (1 each)
1 table spoon cooking oil
1 onion sliced
- Saute the onion together with the herbs till fragrant.
- Add the rice and followed by the water.
- Cover the pot and wait till it cooks.
*1 inch of ginger
1 table spoon of honey
4 table spoon of black soy sauce
- Blend all the * ingredients.
- Mixed the blended ingredients with honey and black soy sauce.
- Marinate the chicken with the mixed ingredients. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Roast the chicken in the oven for 60 minutes (covered in aluminium foil) and another 15 minutes without the aluminium foil.
- The chicken will be so tender and it is ready to be served.
Blend 4 fresh red chillies and 2 garlic. Add 1 teaspoon sugar. One table spoon of vinegar and a oinch of salt. Cook on a low heat till it boils. Turn off the heat and serve.
Cuba ye, jangan tak cuba.......