Every time we visited the Munawwarah Restaurant in Section 9, Shah Alam (a Chinese Muslim Restaurant), my kids will definitely order the Sweet 'n Sour, be it fish or chicken. Therefore, I'm trying my version today but with prawns.
10 large prawns - marinated with salt and tumeric powder. Fried.
1 red onion - cut into ring
3 cloves of garlic - chopped
2 tablespoon of chilli sauce
5 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon of sugar
Salt to taste
1 tomato cut into wedges (to garnish)
- Saute the garlic till brownish.
- Add the chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and some water. Let it boil.
- Add the sugar and salt. Also the onion.
- Just before turning the stove off, add the tomato.
- Ready to be served.
- The two plates are ready for consumption.
- For a more appetizing meal, I fried some potato wedges and their favourite fish crackers.
- Not to forget some green as well.
- The children enjoying their meal.
- Hakim with his self made 'Air Bandung' enjoying the food while watching his favourite 'SpongeBob SquarePants'
- Sabrina acting for the camera.
Surprisingly, Hakim who normally barely eats two table spoon of rice could finish the whole bowl of rice. It's proven that presentation do make a MOOD for eating, in other word, APPETIZING.
Cheerios ...... wassalam.