Finally, I made my own minestrone soup and my family loves it.
"Lebih best dari yang selalu kita makan (It's better than any that we used to eat)", that was the remark from Atikah.
Ayah make me promise to save some more for him to eat after the game (he played badminton every Tuesday after Isya'). I am delighted.
I started looking for the recipe when ayah decided not to eat rice for dinner.
The first time I tasted it, it was horrible. I was frustrated. I know I always fail to follow a recipe exactly. I like to add and remove lots of items from a recipe. But most of the time when I did that (add and remove), the taste is not so bad, but why is it soooo bad this time.
Sadly, I just keep on adding salt, pepper and chopped parsley, hoping to add more taste. I tasted it again, ALHAMDULILLAH, it taste delicious this time.
Celery - sliced
Carrot - cubed
Tomato - cubed
Beans - ( I did not put any any because Sabrina is allergic to most beans, should try chick peas the next time)
Vegetable broth (prepared it very much earlier and refrigerated)
Pasta or broken spaghetti
salt, sugar, pepper - to taste
chooped dried parsley and oregano
- Heat the 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a pot.
- Saute the garlic till brownish.
- Add onions and celery. Fry till tender.
- Add the rest of vegetables. Fry till slightly tender.
- Add vege broth and tomato paste. Let it boil.
- When all are well cooked, add the broken spaghetti or pasta.
- Season with salt, pepper and a bit of sugar.
- Sprinkle parsley and oregano.
- Ready for consumption when the pasta is soft.