Basic Sweet Bun Dough
480g bread flour
120g plain flour
20g milk powder
4 teaspoons instant yeast
300ml cold water
1. Mix (A) till well blended
2. Add (B) and knead to form a dough
3. Add (C), continue to knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Cover dough with clear film. Let it prove for 50 - 60 minutes, or till it doubles its size.
5. Use finger and press into the dough. It should show a clear finger tip mark, but the dough should not sink. Now it's ready to use.
400g green apples (Granny Smith), cut into cubes/thin slices
1/8 teaspoon salt
110 ml water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
To prepare the filling :
1. Cook (A) till boiling.
2. Add the premixed (B) and continue to cook till mixture thickens.
3. Remove from the heat and add (C). Mix till well blended and leave to cool.
Step by step how to shape the apple bun
(M1) Divide the basic sweet bun dough into 70g portions. Mould into balls and put them in the fridge to rest for 15 minutes.
(M2) Roll the dough out flat to make rectangles (L 14cm x W 12cm). Place some of the filling at one end and cut strips at the other end with a sharp knife. Roll them up from the filling end.
(M3) Put them on the baking tray and leave to prove in a warm place for 45 minutes or till double the size.
(M4) Brush with egg wash. Bake at 190 C for 12 - 15 minutes in the middle rack.