Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Healthy chicken sandwich & citrus manggo salad

As salamu alaykum.

It's labor day today. We, labors are supposed to sit back and just relax. ... Wonderful isn't it.

However, a labor to where I am employed and a second minister in my beautiful home, tonnes of chores awaits accompkishment. But. ..... I believe those things can wait. I just want to wake-up my dozing blog.

By the way, I have just discovered that theres an app for blogging. Got no time to explore before this.

Let's start with today's menu. I made this chicken sandwich for dinner last night. As usual, Tuesday is Mr Hubby's badminton night, a light dinner is essential.

This is how I made it:
For the sandwich:
2 chicken breast
Marinated with salt, pepper dan mixed herbs
Vegeies for garnishing - green lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced cucumber, pickles
Cheese

Grilled the chicken till cooked well. And later sliced for filling.

I used whole meal bread. Spread some butter on one side. Place the sliced chicken. Lay a piece of cheese on top. And toast till the cheese melt.

Layered with vegies and topped with another sliced bread.

For manggo salad
3 riped manggo- peeled n cut
1 tomato - diced
1 orange - diced
Some fresh basil leaves - chopped coarsely
Olive oil
Salt

Mixed everthing together. Add some orange zest. Mix well

Happy eating. Enjoy!!!!!!

No comments: