A search in my food cabinet found me with a packet of half opened makaroni, eggs was already on the cabinet (as I planned to bake a Prune cake ...tapi tak jadi le pulak sebab resepi lupa nak bawa balik dari opis). So I thought, a Baked Makaroni is a great idea. Further more, I have wanted to eat this for quite sometime. Ini la masanya, selalu masak, makan sorang je, because other member of the family did not like this so much.
I used to cook Baked Macaroni with chili paste, but I remembered eating Baked Macaroni made by my MIL which uses 'rempah Kurma' and it tasted good, so, I decided to try it. Resepinya ingat-ingat lupa tapi hentam je la .... but deep in my heart I was praying that the 'hemtam je lah' recipe works ...... Amin.
Elbow Macaroni (Boiled till soft and drained)
Minced chicken (meat if you like)
Onion (finely chopped)
Few stalks of parsley (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Ideal Milk (1 cup)
3 tablespoon of flour
- Fry the chopped onion till brownish and frangrant.
- Add Rempah, cook fro a while.
- Add minced chicken.
- Add some water and cook till chicken is tender the spice is cooked, add salit to taste.
- Finally, add the cooked makaroni and chopped parsley.
- Put aside.
- Greased the baking pan.
- Add egg, milk and flour together, stir well. (Milk and flour are used in order to reduce the egg consumption - watchout your cholestrol level!)
- Add the fried macaroni. (Make sure the egg mixture covers the macaroni, or else you will get loose macaroni after baking).
- Ready to bake at 140C for about 35 minutes.
I like it 'hot' so I ate it with some left overs chili that I made for Chicken Rice (our lunch for that day).