Skip to main content

1-hour plus Baked Makaroni

At almost 2pm, Sunday (4th October), I received a call from my x-classmate, Liza Salleh, she's coming for a visit, jalan-jalan raya, Alamak.... what should I serve her? Takkan kuih raya je kot .... tak best la ...

A search in my food cabinet found me with a packet of half opened makaroni, eggs was already on the cabinet (as I planned to bake a Prune cake ...tapi tak jadi le pulak sebab resepi lupa nak bawa balik dari opis). So I thought, a Baked Makaroni is a great idea. Further more, I have wanted to eat this for quite sometime. Ini la masanya, selalu masak, makan sorang je, because other member of the family did not like this so much.




I used to cook Baked Macaroni with chili paste, but I remembered eating Baked Macaroni made by my MIL which uses 'rempah Kurma' and it tasted good, so, I decided to try it. Resepinya ingat-ingat lupa tapi hentam je la .... but deep in my heart I was praying that the 'hemtam je lah' recipe works ...... Amin.

The ingredients:
Elbow Macaroni (Boiled till soft and drained)
'Rempah Kurma'
Minced chicken (meat if you like)
Onion (finely chopped)
Few stalks of parsley (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
5 Eggs
Ideal Milk (1 cup)
3 tablespoon of flour


Pasta:
  1. Fry the chopped onion till brownish and frangrant.
  2. Add Rempah, cook fro a while.
  3. Add minced chicken.
  4. Add some water and cook till chicken is tender the spice is cooked, add salit to taste.
  5. Finally, add the cooked makaroni and chopped parsley.
  6. Put aside.
Preparation for baking:
  1. Greased the baking pan.
  2. Add egg, milk and flour together, stir well. (Milk and flour are used in order to reduce the egg consumption - watchout your cholestrol level!)
  3. Add the fried macaroni. (Make sure the egg mixture covers the macaroni, or else you will get loose macaroni after baking).
  4. Ready to bake at 140C for about 35 minutes.
When my friend arrived at 3pm, the macaroni was almost ready. Thanks to Atikah who helped me to prepare the drinks. The macaroni was served hot from oven for my visitors. Alhamdulillah.

I like it 'hot' so I ate it with some left overs chili that I made for Chicken Rice (our lunch for that day).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kebab

Good morning!!!! Let's make a different today. (At least for my kitchen). Done with cereals, nasi lemak, lempeng or mee goreng, lets have something different this morning. Considering the kids only had something light for their dinner last nite, I resort to making an instant kebab!! Mmmm .... Amacam? Terliur tak? Well, very easy to prepare. I used all the instant ingredients. Onion - diced Ayamas Chicken burger - suitable for grilling, defrost and sliced (do not take too long to defrost it as it is difficult to slice it later) Olive - sliced Tomato - diced Olive oil Oppss... don't forget the bread - I use Gardenia's rolls. 1. Heat the pan with olive oil. 2. Fry the sliced chicken burger till cooked. 3. Add onion, tomato and olive. 4. Add seasonings - salt & pepper. 5. Cut the roll in the center vertically, but do not separate it. Apply butter onto it. 4. Toast it over the burning stove for a while (to replace charcoal burn). 5. Stuffed the chicken burger. 6. Garnish wit

Masak Kicap Pedas

The name of the recipe was given by Hakim. Mak cooked the dish for them. I've tasted it before but my children loves it so much. So, I asked Mak how to prepare it. Sonang je rupanya .. Ingredients Onion - sliced Beef/ Chicken Dried Chilli (blended) Tomato Sauce Soya Sauce Cooking oil How to: fry the onion till fragrant/ tender fry the chilli add in the beef/chicken add tomato and soya sauce pour in some water cook until the beef/ chicken tender add some salt to taste (not too many salt as soya sauce is already salty)

Masak lemak Daun Kaduk

Assalamualaikum Pokok kaduk tumbuh membiak di sekitar rumahku dengan suburnya. Adakalanya terpaksa dicantas buang kerana telah menyesakkan pandangan. Tertanya-tanya juga apa lagi yang boleh dibuat dengan daun kaduk ni. Kata pepatah, "Malu bertanya sesat jalan". Dalam bersembang-sembang bersama rakan sepejabat mengenai pokok-pokok herba ni, beliau mencadangkan untuk buat masak lemak daun kaduk, Sedap, katanya. Well, why not? Inilah hasilnya. Caranya: Balik dari pejabat, aku memetik beberapa helai daun kaduk (sebab ini peringkat percubaan makanya tak boleh masak banyak, bimbang jadi pembaziran pulak). Ada la dalam 20 helai daun kaduk.  Dicuci bersih.  Kemudian dicelur. (Celur untuk mengurangkan baunya. Kalau OK dengan baunya, tidak perlu celur) Sementara tu, aku mula mengopek bawang merah dan putih.  2 biji Cili api dipatah-patahkan aje (sebab malas nak menumbuk) Seterusnya, rebuskan saja bawang, cili api, ikan bilis dan serbuk kunyit. Kem